Shon M. Suarez, LMFT, LPC, NCC
Shon M. Suarez earned her Masters of Science in Counseling Psychology degree with a community counseling emphasis from Chaminade University of Honolulu. Chaminade University is an innovator of professional psychology training and studies in the state of Hawaii. Curriculum content is based on the National Board for Certified Counselors requirements for professional counseling and the State of Hawaii Licensure Standards for the Mental Health Counselor. In 2000, Shon M. Suarez completed her undergraduate studies at Chaminade University where she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology.
Professional Experience as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist/ National Certified Addictions Counselor
Shon M. Suarez has achieved training in a wide variety of therapeutic approaches and with the full spectrum of patients.
- Alaka’i Na Keiki (Honolulu, Hawaii)- Behavioral Health Therapist- provided state-of-the-art psychological and educational services for children and adolescents predominantly with Pervasive Developmental Disorders. Through evidence-based, outcomes-oriented assessment and interventions.
- Tripler Army Medical Center (Honolulu, Hawaii) – Substance Abuse Counselor- provided individual, couples, and family therapy for substance abuse patients at designated American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) placement criteria level of care required.
- Good Samaritan Behavioral Hospital (Puyallup, Washington) – Licensed Mental Health Counselor- provided community mental health with under-served and chronically mentally ill adults.
- Madigan Army Medical Center (Tacoma, Washington) – Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist/ National Certified Addictions Counselor- provided Chemical dependency diagnostic assessment, intensive and aftercare outpatient treatment for military service members, family members, retiree and Department of Defense (DOD) employees.
- Schofield Barracks Health Services Center(Schofield Barracks, Hawaii) -Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist/ National Certified Addictions Counselor- tailored Chemical dependency treatment to each individuals’ needs. Incorporated the nationally recognized American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) placement criteria and utilizes evidence based practices to successfully treat clients and families struggling with the trials of substance abuse.
- Private Practice (San Antonio, Texas)– Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist-
Serving adolescents, couples, and families; specializing in couples communication, conflict resolution, depression, anxiety and substance abuse/addiction.
Red ribbon week: Drug and alcohol safety and awareness. Presented to military service members and DOD employees at Fort Lewis, Washington. Oct. 22, 2008.
Shon M. Suarez has served as a Active Duty service member of the United States Army, as well as a Reservist for many years. She has been active in the lives of her three children, serving as classroom mom, cheer mom, soccer mom and Mime ministry mom. Shon is blessed to have a marriage of 19 years built on the love of God, belief in forgiveness and a appreciation for differences.